Earning your credentials as a PHR or SPHR may be one of your professional development resolutions for 2013. The first step is to determine your eligibility at www.hrci.org. The next step is very important: choose how to prepare for the exam. The SHRM Learning System is available through self-study or instructor-led programs, and your local chapter may offer a study group opportunity.
SHRM has partnered with over 280 colleges and universities worldwide to offer the SHRM Learning System in a traditional classroom setting, online format or as a hybrid course. For easy reference, below is a list of colleges and universities in Kentucky offering a prep course using the SHRM Learning System.
• Bellarmine University – Louisville – Linda Bailey – 502.272.8161
• Bluegrass Community and Technical College – Lexington – Sheila Simpson – 859.246.6676
• Eastern Kentucky University – Donna Helton-Grady – 859.622.6716
• Elizabethtown Community & Technical College – Elizabethtown – Tom Davenport – 270.706.8699
• Gateway Community & Technical College – Florence – Regina Schadler – 859.442.1170
• Hopkinsville Community College – Hopkinsville – Lea Martin – 270.707.3895
• Owensboro Community & Technical College – Owensboro – DeVera Adkins - 270.686.4690
• University of Kentucky – Debbie Reed – 859.257.8780
• Western Kentucky University – Sharon Woodward – 270.745.1910
Trish Candler, SPHR, RCC, CPBA
Senior Organization Development Specialist, LG&E and KU