The 21st century workplace and workforce demand that organizations think about work differently. Work, for example, is no longer someplace we go, but tasks we complete from home, the airport, or the Little League bleachers. Work means delivering results for customers and clients, not sitting in a cubicle after the work is completed for no reason other than not wanting to be the first to leave.
As the nation inches out of the recession, organizations must also prepare for a possible turnover wave. In the National Study of the Changing Workforce, four in five employees suggest flexibility is very important when considering a new job. As the competition for top talent heats up, how will you ensure that your company is able to attract the best and brightest individuals? There isn't a better time, or way, to build your organization's employment brand than by applying now for the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
All 362 recipients of the 2012 Sloan Award are excellent examples of organizations that have figured out how to make work “work” for both the employer and employees. Whether they are well-known large firms, or medium or small organizations known primarily in their own communities, they embrace workplace flexibility as a business strategy.
Wondering how to make workplace flexibility a reality for your organization? Or does your company already utilize innovative flex strategies? Either way, consider getting involved with When Work Works, a joint project of the Society for Human Resource Management and Families and Work Institute. This national workplace flexibility initiative brings cutting-edge resources, research, and best practices uncovered through the Sloan Award to HR professionals and business leaders across the country via a network of community partners.
Applications for the 2013 Sloan Award are now open, so don’t miss this opportunity! Need more convincing? Check out these “Top 10 Reasons to Apply for a Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility:”
10. Provides a great opportunity to strengthen your organization's brand.
9. Informs your customers that you are an employer of choice in responding to the needs of employees and their families.
8. Gives you a tool to use to recruit and retain top talent.
7. Involves you in a vibrant and engaging network of organizations that are using workplace flexibility as an effective business strategy.
6. Increases your organization’s visibility by being an expert source on issues of effective and flexible workplaces for the media.
5. Shows your employees that an effective and flexible workplace is a priority for your organization.
4. Offers you the opportunity to be a winner and get national and local recognition.
3. Enables you to be featured in the Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work “Work”, the go-to source on best practices.
2. Provides an opportunity for you to learn what your organization is already doing well and how these efforts can be enhanced through the benchmarking reports provided to all applicants.
And the number 1 reason to apply for a Sloan Award— Stand out from your competition as an organization whose leadership values its employees.
Applications are now being accepted at www.WhenWorkWorks.org.