Now, I know being one of 16,000+ HR Pros may sound intimidating, especially if you have never attended a SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition, but believe me, you don’t want to miss SHRM18 in Chicago. Go to develop professionally, earn PDC’s, network, research products & services in the Expo Hall and have fun at the same time.
And we have a variety of resources to prepare you. As a registered attendee you will have access to the Conference Community where you can network with other attendees before during and after the event. And yes, we have an app for that! The #SHRM18 app will help you get the most of your conference experience!
Need to convince your boss? We’ve got that covered for you. Check out the five steps below:
Step 1: Review and Map Out Your Session Planner
- What are your organizations greatest HR challenges? Engagement? Talent Acquisition and Retention?
- Use those challenges as your guide when selecting from the 200+ sessions.
- Now think like a marketer. Reiterate your top challenges to your boss and position SHRM’s Annual Conference & Exposition and the sessions you’ve planned out, as the roadmap to effectively navigate those challenges.
Step 2: Stress the Value of Investing in Your Education
- More than most professions, HR evolves at an almost unmanageable pace.
- Professional development opportunities to learn and interpret new trends and complicated legislation, like the newly released FLSA overtime regulations, are essential to remain current and compliant.
Step 3: Find Your Solution Providers
- With over 600 vendors exhibiting, there is no bigger or better place to find HR solutions.
- Whether you’re in the market for a new ATS, rewards programs, wellness strategies or beyond, the SHRM Exposition allows you to connect, learn more, and competitively price out all potential business partners to meet your existing and/or future needs.
Step 4: Complete the Request Letter
- If your boss prefers a written request for your professional development, we took the liberty of getting that started for you too. 2018 SHRM Letter Template.
- Feel free to tweak and customize as you see fit, but hopefully you’ll find this to be a great head start.
Step 5: Bring it All Home
- You’ll leave #SHRM18 empowered, energized, and informed.
- Commit to a post-conference briefing for staff so that best practices and tactics can be shared.
- Implement those ready-to-use strategies and tools you acquired and #SHRM18.
- Solidify your reputation as an HR Rockstar.
Check out the conference and register at the link below:
And I hope you will stop by the SHRM booth in the Expo Hall to find out the latest SHRM has to offer. We always have a cool giveaway too. If you are unable to attend, keep up with what’s going on via Twitter at hashtag #SHRM18.