- Bus to Business Day is taking place all over Kentucky on October 2, 2019!
- It is a statewide campaign to engage businesses with K-12 students and increase career awareness and promote opportunities to the future workforce.
- The day will include students touring businesses, completing hands-on work-based learning activities and speaking with business leaders about career pathways available in their organization.
- Scholarships are available for communities that need assistance to rent school buses, provide lunch, etc.
- Businesses are being asked to provide the schools with funds ($100.00-$500.00) to rent the buses and provide lunch where possible.
- So far, we have received 30 applications from both schools and businesses.
- We will marketing the program all summer to engage more communities.
- Kentucky Chamber Workforce Center will release participating communities on August 16, 2019.
- The campaign will be highly visible; participating employers and schools will be celebrated by the Kentucky Chamber Workforce Center as the program is marketed and the events are taking place on October 2.
- Partnered with: Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG), Kentucky Society for Human Resources Management (KYSHRM), & Kentucky Department of Education (KDE).
Has a school and/or business in your community applied to be a part of #Bus2Biz day on October 2nd?
See the communities that are already committed to participating on October 2!
Watch the video of our pilot Bus2Business day with Taylor County Schools and Murakami Manufacturing!