VIRTUAL LEARNING PLAYS A BIG ROLE IN OUR NEW NORMAL
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a new reality for today’s leaders. Personal and work lives have changed, and there’s no way of knowing when things will go back to normal – or what the new normal will look like. To help leaders rise to the challenge, the Leadership Louisville Center is increasing availability of learning opportunities, beginning with free virtual microlearning sessions and full-length Leadership Green Room courses that specifically address some of the most critical skills needed for leading in this challenging environment. In addition to this, several courses facilitated by the Center can now be taken directly to organizations to meet their unique training needs, some of these can be presented virtually.
FREE, VIRTUAL LEADERSHIP GREEN ROOM MICROLEARNING
Leadership development is more important than ever. To make learning more widely available, in April the Center launched Leadership Green Room Microlearning. These are free, hour-long or less, virtual leadership development sessions. Nationally known facilitators including #1 Best-Selling Author Marshall Goldsmith were featured for the inaugural events and new microlearning opportunities will be offered on a regular basis. All current and future opportunities can be found at this webpage: https://www.leadershiplouisville.org/the-leadership-green-room/microlearning/
Next Virtual Leadership Green Room Microlearning:
- Wednesday, June 17 | 10-11 a.m. EST – “To Lead is Human: Understanding your Imperfections as a Leader During a Crisis” featuring Dr. OJ Oleka, President, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities (AIKCU) Reserve your spot at this link
NEW, VIRTUAL TRAINING COURSES
To come out of this crisis as strong as possible, it’s going to require our absolute best. Whatever the future might bring, the Leadership Louisville Center remains dedicated to building leaders who are confident, connected, and courageous. With new virtual training courses, we are striving to provide leaders with the skills they need to manage in this challenging time. Two of the Center’s popular courses have successfully been designed as virtual courses – Developing and Leading High-Performance Teams was presented in May with great results and Authentic Leadership for Women is sold out for the virtual presentation in June.
Upcoming Virtual Courses:
- June 25-26: Self-Leadership and the One Minute Manager®, presented in partnership with The Ken Blanchard Companies, trainer of the world’s best managers and leaders
The current COVID-19 environment has created significant change in how work is being done and results are being achieved. As a result, Self-Leadership skills are even more essential to ensure people are getting what they need to be successful in achieving their objectives.
Imagine how resilient your organization can be with people who have the skills and self-confidence to diagnose their work situations, accept responsibility, ask for what they need and hold themselves accountable for taking action.
The truth is, people want to be engaged, make meaningful contributions, and be appreciated. But not everybody realizes that they are in the driver’s seat of their professional lives. Not everybody has the skills necessary to be proactive.
Through the Center’s partnership with The Ken Blanchard Companies, you have access to the most widely used leadership models in the world with 20% savings in comparison to standard pricing.
- July 15: Influencing from the Middle: Lead Your Boss, Lead Your Peers, led by John Baldoni, internationally recognized leadership consultant, coach, and author of 14 books, including “Lead Your Boss: The Subtle Art of Managing Up.”
- July 24: Build Your Personal Brand at Work, facilitated by Peggy Noe Stevens, author and certified professional etiquette, image, and protocol consultant
TALENT DEVELOPMENT FOR ORGANIZATIONS
The Center can now bring courses to your entire team or organization to better meet unique leadership development needs and reach more leaders. The trainers are a mix of executives and professionals that are experts in adult learning, management and leadership development. These can be delivered on-site at your organization, hosted at our facility, and some can be offered virtually. Here is a menu of available courses:
- Developing & Leading High-Performance Teams
- Storytelling: Communication That Inspires & Drives Results
- Authentic Leadership for Women
- Find Your Voice & Kick Some Glass
- Lead Like A Boss: Learn Habits to be your Most Successful
- Developing the Leader Within You, based on the best-selling book by John Maxwell
For more information about bringing courses to your organization or any of our virtual learning opportunities, contact Zuri Johnson, Leadership Development Manager at email@example.com, (502) 561-5226, or visit the Leadership Louisville Center’s website at www.leadershiplouisville.org.